The section below explains how cookies are used on this site and what information they gather. It also provides information regarding how you can prevent these cookies from being stored however this may downgrade or disable certain elements of this site’s functionality.
Cookies used on this Site
This site offers opt-in newsletter and email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users. When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work, social media sites will set cookies through our site, which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- We have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
- We are performing a contract with you for our services; and
- We have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), we, Fynn Perry, are the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us via our contact details at the end of this policy.
Personal Data we collect via this website.
Personal Data that you provide to us
We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on this website in the following ways:
1. When you sign-up to receive our newsletter, offers and free content including eBooks:
- Email address
- First name
2. When you purchase a book directly from us (subject to this service being available):
- Email address
- Phone number
- Personal Data which you provide to us in the free text box of the form.
- Payment method choice (payment details are held by our payment processor, not us).
Data that we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you visit this website, such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We do not link this information with any Personal Data.
Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
- Process and manage your use of this website;Respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- Where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may interest you;
- Improve our services and this website through analysis of information.
Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
Keeping your Personal Data secure
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This website and our services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions by contacting us at the email stated at the end of this policy in the Contact section:
- See what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- Ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
- Ask us to delete your Personal Data;
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- Withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data; and
- Express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
Email for privacy questions: email@example.com